Friday, January 18, 2013

Lola love...

I'm in a mood today. It's a long story and I really don't want to get into it quite yet, but, in a nutshell, I'm feeling like a crappy mom (again).

As best we try, Lola always seems to get a little overlooked. It's not intentional at all, but between Millie hospital therapies, therapies at home, my weekly class on how to be a better mother for her specifically, and then taking time at home each night to practice the strategies and methods we're learning from her therapists, time slips away and a lot of the focus ends up on Amelia.

Honestly, most of the time, Lola gets plenty of attention: two parents, two kids. We can divide and conquer.

But I guess sometimes we're not doing as good a job as I think we are: I was reminded of that in a big way this morning.

So here's a Lola-centric post, perhaps to just make myself feel better.


She celebrated her half birthday at school this week. Four and a half years old. She doesn't quite understand it; she keeps telling everyone she's 5 now (like some of her other preschool classmates). But she got a special crown and was super excited about it ... and the treats.

She loves to run and jump. Or better yet, to run and then jump though the air.

Here, she is jumping from her bed to her beanbag chair, oh about 4 feet away. Trust me, the girl can fly.







You might not be able to tell so great, but in the second-to-last photo, she is sticking fingers up on either side of her head. I asked her, confused, if she was trying to be the devil, but she said no, that wasn't it.

Me: "Then what's with the horns?"

Lola, putting her hands on her hips: "I was being a unicorn."

Me: "Unicorns have one horn, that's why it stars with 'uni' I think."

Lola, shaking her head: "No, Mommy. Lola unicorns have two horns."

Stubborn girl.

She's our sweetheart, she really is. She's high-energy, of course, like most kids I'm sure, but she has no fear when it comes to acrobatics. We really should try putting her in a gymnastics class this year...

The other day, she was eating an apple and she asked me if I knew where apples came from.

Me: "Apple trees?"

Lola, using hand gestures to explain it all: "A flower blooms and then a bee lands on the flower and then an apple grows."

Smart girl.

Her teacher asked her the other day, what does she want to be when she grows up.

Lola: "I want to be the doctor to get the babies out of the mommies' tummies."

Ambitious girl.

Our girl.


Love you, Baby.
- Mommy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome Mom! She adores you!