Thursday, January 24, 2013

Poor baby...


Millie and I spent a couple hours in the ER last night after she spiked a high fever and showed signs of seizures.

She did pretty well, but had to endure a barrage of tests.

Millie doesn't have good veins so there were a lot of pricks and pokes for her.


I'm usually quite good and holding it together during all this medical stuff. But as I watched them dig around for a vein for the fourth or fifth time, I had a miniature mommy meltdown.

When it was over, we left with a shot of antibiotics and a prescription for more antibiotics.

Today, her neurologist decided to up the dosage of her anti-seizure medication; we already had a follow-up/check-up scheduled for mid-February so we'll touch base with her in person in a couple of weeks.

Overall, I'm doing all right. I'm exhausted and overwhelmed but hanging in there. Ray is out of town for work this week, so it already had been a difficult week for me; last night tapped me out.

Millie is better today. The fever is manageable and she is, very slowly, starting to get some energy back. Her muscles must ache because she won't stand at all and doesn't want to sit on her own.

She just wants to be held, which I am more than happy to do. 

- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little sweetheart...Love all of you so much...mom