Friday, May 31, 2013

Fearless

We were playing outside earlier this week, as families often do.

Mustang was tied up to the playset and Millie was playing in the garden/play house.

Lola and I had a few moments together, so we were sitting on the swings, talking.

Interested to see if she'd jump off the swings again - she did it for the first half the summer last year but then got a wee bit hurt so she got afraid - I challenged her to a swing-jumping contest.

Yikes.

The girl can fly.

On one jump, she went straight up and then straight down, landing practically in a belly-flop on the grass.

I was quite worried.

"Are you OK?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm OK," she brushed herself off and headed back to the swing.

"Are you hurt?"

"No," she said, perching herself atop the swing, beginning to pump her legs once again.

She paused for effect.

"Well, yeah, actually, it did kinda' hurt."

Then she grinned.

"But I want to win."

And then she flew again.

(For the record, this jump, captured on video later that evening,
is rather tame compared to her early attempts.)

Yep, she's my daughter.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely takes after our side! Yeah Lola! Hope you won!