Tuesday, June 4, 2013

new tricks

It was a moment I wish I could bottle, just to open it up and re-live it yet again.

Friday evening. We were done working, done eating, done shopping.

So we all went outside to play, as families do.

Soon, Lola's best neighborhood pal came over, zipping around on his new big-guy bicycle (sans training wheels).

Lola watched him in awe.

Soon, she approached Ray.

Daddy, she said, do you think I could try my blue bike (the one that doesn't have training wheels)?

And so it began.

Thanks to a new-found toughness, or perhaps just determination, she powered through her lessons despite a few falls along the way.

video

So here I was, standing in the middle of our back driveway, looking toward the backyard.

Watching Lola, on my left, as she learned to ride a two-wheeled bike.

Watching, too, Millie, on my right, who was taking tentative steps on her own, trying to walk from the four-wheeler to the playset.

Lola learning to bike, Millie learning to walk.

It was just a ... moment.

An incredible moment.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Having this blog will keep those moments bottled up and available always. Such an amazing way to journal. Love you..