Friday, August 23, 2013

Life with Lola: the love edition

Lola heard a love song on the radio yesterday afternoon and asked what the girl was singing about.

"It's about a girl and a boy who are in love," I said.

"Awww," she swooned. "Just like you and Daddy are in love."

Ha.

Funnier still, when I relayed the story, with Lola's help, to Ray, he and I simultaneously added, "Most days."

At least we're in sync.

Most days.

***

Lola that same evening, later told us that the inside of her mouth hurt (I think she bit her lip).

"Were you kissing boys?" I teased.

"No kissing boys," Ray added, emphatically.

Lola smirked, "Mommy kisses boys."

Now, Ray is out of town, usually six days a week. There's not a whole lot of kissing going on under our roof most days.

So, understandably, Ray was a bit perplexed.

"What boys?" Ray asked, calmly but confused.

Lola laughed, "You."

Then she paused.

"And sometimes Mustang, too."

Happy weekend everyone.
- Bethany :)

No comments: