Friday, September 27, 2013

a non-update, really

As a follow-up to the last post, I did call our genetic counselor Wednesday.

Since the geneticist was the one who ordered the original kidney tests, I want her take on whether she thinks we need to see a pediatric nephrologist before I begin making appointments.

As I expected, it took a few minutes for them to recall our particular "case" and, because we've been bouncing between healthcare systems, they will need to do a little digging to obtain all the applicable test results.

Do the genetic counselor said she would gather the necessary documents, give them to the geneticist for review, and then call me back.

I've yet to hear anything (which is also expected; the soonest I would hope for a response is this afternoon). But I figure if I don't hear back by Monday or Tuesday, I'll just call on it all again.

I'm still not worried-worried about it all.

But I also don't like the idea that there just might be something wrong with her kidneys.

So some guidance, sooner rather than later, would be appreciated.
- Bethany :)

No comments: