Thursday, November 14, 2013

34

A year older, a year wiser?

Eh, not so much. Maybe a year older, a little calmer though, which is awesome.

My birthday last year was about as far from celebratory as you could get. A day after Millie's first seizure and we knew that, come tomorrow, we would know Millie's "diagnosis' -- all we knew was that they'd found something. Something.  It was a scary, scary place to be.

Twelve months later, and we're all doing quite well. Our family is well in tact and no one's life is in danger (well, maybe the puppy's but that's because he absolutely refuses to be completely, 100 percent potty-trained).

Anyhow, the point is, today is a more traditional birthday.

And I have two wonderfully sweet girls who will help me celebrate.


This was a total coincidence. Millie's daycare had them making handprints yesterday. LOVE it.


Another coincidence. Lola had a half-day of school yesterday and she spent the afternoon making me pictures at daycare. Here, she wrote, "Lola love. Thank you for everything."

***

These are portions of actual "birthday cards" she colored last night and hid in my drawers for me to find this morning. Such a sweetheart.



And then, on this one, she wrote, for the very first time, her name in cursive.




So, yeah, already it's been a pretty good day.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you! You have an awesome family and that makes me happy for you too! Happy Birthday my sweet daughter!