Wednesday, November 13, 2013

first snow!

So we got snow this past weekend.

Not a ton, a couple of inches that, so far, has stuck around. It was enough to make the roads less than ideal and enough to allow Lola some outside fun time.

With Ray, of course. Ha. (It takes me a couple of months to warm up to the idea of winter. Usually by January, I'm more willing to go play outside. Not yet.)

But Millie, as soon as she woke up from her nap, she saw Ray, Lola and Mustang running around and she was insistent that she, too, would play outside.

She even willingly put on her coat, which is noteworthy since she hates wearing it.

But as soon as the rest of the gear came out, she was ... less than excited.


She was a little more happy when I put her down to go sledding with Lola...

... Until Lola ran them right into a tree (or branches from a bush).






Millie, rightfully so, was not happy to go a second time.


And there was no third time.

We went inside shortly thereafter.

***

I've been scrapbooking a lot lately.

After the Disney book was (finally?) finished, I decided I want to go back and scrapbook some of our favorite family moments. It gives me a hobby anyway.

And since Lola is my best little helper, she's gotten into it as well.





She loves anything art. She could sit and color for hours on end. So the idea of taking that to the next step, to cutting and pasting and drawing and journaling, she's just loving it.

Though, she has taken the "scrapbooking" idea to another dimension, literally.

She made a 3-D "swing" on her scrapbook pages for her miniature Princess toys.

And here she made her own laptop, "Since you and Daddy always won't let me never play on yours."





All in all, it's been a lot of fun.

And I love that, since I've yet to find a good spot for the Disney scrapbook, it just sits on the extra chair in the living room.

I intended to put it away, but it's the perfect height for little kids.

And at least 4-5 times each day, the girls wander over there and flip through the pages.


I love to just see them re-living it all...

So, fun days around here.  

Cold days, yes, but fun days.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to have "fun" days this weekend with all of you!