Monday, November 18, 2013

family fun!

We've had a busy, fun last few days here.

First, starting on my birthday last Thursday, as my dad came over to celebrate with us.


Lola, who was excited for my birthday in her own way, was more excited to have some one-on-one time with Grandpa so Millie and I took the chance to play a little bit ourselves.
She's such a goofball some days.

 

 It was a nice evening.

The fun continued throughout the weekend as my parents came to visit.

The girls (and me and Ray too) had a blast and spent the whole weekend laughing, running and giggling.

We took Lola to the gymnastics center on Saturday to just let her run around and burn off some energy. We adults had a great time, too, getting in on the action, playing lots on the floor, the trampoline and balance beam. My parents even jumped in the pit a few times!

Myself, I reminded myself yet again that I'm not 20 years old anymore and my arms are still paining from playing around on the uneven bars a bit (just the lower bar, lest you think I was doing something more impressive than simply holding myself up and flipping forward).








Good times.

They stayed home with the girls that night while Ray and I got a much-needed night out. (We saw 12 Years a Slave and oh-my-gosh was it good, so much better than the last movie we saw (Gravity, which neither of us really liked all that much - and yes, I know we are in a very small minority).)

Then, without kids, we were able to make some progress on Christmas shopping.

Before we knew it, it was Sunday and time to say goodbye. For at least a little while. Hoping plans - and weather - work out to allow us a quick trip to the Cities later this month. We'll see.


As for our "regular" life, we had a good "family day" yesterday.

Just spending time at home with our little princesses.


Happy days.
 
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE had the best time!! Love all of you so much!