Monday, December 23, 2013

from us...



As were driving home yesterday, leaving the Cities after our first Christmas gathering, we passed the exit that would have led to our first apartment, the one Ray and I lived in right after we wed in 2005.

Not to allude to any super-serious doubts or anything, but it's fair to say that back then, while I was completely excited and sure of our then-pending marriage, I did wonder where our lives would lead.

I used to occasionally wish for just a glimpse into what our life would be like five, ten years later. To know that any of the hurdles we were trying to clear back then would be long behind us.

Yesterday afternoon, as we drove past that exit with barely a glance, we were blaring "Let It Go" (from Disney's Frozen) on the radio. Lola was singing along, offering some correct lyrics, some that were close, and others that were, well, not; Millie was hand-dancing, waving her hands in the air and wiggling her fingers, as if dancing, and watching us, smiling, happy to be a part of it all; Ray and I were holding hands, softly singing the words we knew; and Mustang was sleeping on my lap.

I couldn't help but think of those old wishes, wondering if I'd had a glimpse then of what became yesterday, what I'd have thought.

I'd have run down that aisle.

Merry Christmas.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are happy! I can just picture all of you in the car. Merry Christmas sweet daughter.