Friday, January 17, 2014

* fingers crossed *

I wonder if stalking the UPS Tracking page is like waiting for a pot of water to boil, like the delivery you're waiting for won't arrive if you're hitting refresh every 2-3 minutes...

It's coming!

I think I'm more excited for this than Christmas.

Today, or so I hope, so they've said, Millie "talker" will arrive.

Or, her Augmentative and Alternative Communication device (her AAC).

It will cost us more out of pocket that we'd hoped.

But, I can't wait.

I am honestly pacing. Well, that's not true. I'm at my desk, waiting for my work day to start. So I'm finger pacing (is that a thing?), tapping my fingers randomly on the keyboard, on the desk, hitting refresh constantly on the UPS site.

I woke up at 3 a.m. for some reason. Half-asleep, I still managed to check my phone, checking the UPS site to make sure it got to Minneapolis...

I know it won't instantly solve all of our communication battles.

I know I'm not going to be able to simply hand it to her and she'll suddenly be flying across the buttons, telling me about her day, her hopes, her dreams, why she hates having any kind of shoe on her left foot, why she only likes to eat muffins and coffee cake, why she screams when I turn off the lights at bedtime but screams louder when I try to turn on a nightlight...

But I know she could.

All in due time.
- Bethany :)

UPDATED: It's here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about it and most importantly how it will help sweet little Millie to communicate! Love her so much!