Tuesday, January 7, 2014

our cuties



No, she's not imitating me; she's imitating her Daddy.

While I'm pretty much glued to my laptop during the workday, at home, it's Ray who is most often on the laptop, sitting in this section of the couch I refer to as his "perch."

I love this photo. Mainly because she's so sneaky, our quiet little mischievous 2-year-old, who snuck away from our supervision for just a moment, me checking on dinner, Ray changing the laundry.

I turned around and found her like this, happily tapping the keys of the forbidden laptop.

***

Lola got an American Girl doll for Christmas. Caroline.

She also got matching PJs for herself and Caroline. So that's what this is.

I had an American Girl of my own growing up. Samantha. Who has long resided in Lola's room, with all of her dresses, furniture and everything else.

I love watching my own daughter(s) enjoying, themselves, some of my favorite pastimes from my own childhood. So sweet.

***
It's been cold this winter.

Really cold.

And the kids and the husband are going stir-crazy at home.

And we all have too much energy to burn off.

So what do we do?

I introduce to you "Daddy-skiing," when the wee ones hang onto the back of Dad''s sweatshirt and let him pull them the hallways along in socked feet. Not great for the sweatshirt, I'm sure, but it's pretty hilarious.

Fun times.


(She stays vertical most of the time!)

Happy winter.
- Bethany :)

No comments: