Wednesday, January 22, 2014

slumber party!


As Lola prepared for her choir concert last week, I promised her: If you do a great job and don't cry or have a meltdown, Mommy will have a sleepover with you Friday night.

Honestly, I never expected the reaction.

She asked me hourly when our slumber party would be, what we would do, and how much fun it would be. Would we do hair? Makeup? Play games? Read books?

As it turned out, it snowed. Or was supposed to snow. So Ray had to work late. So my plans for a sleepover in Lola's room for just me and her quickly changed.

Instead, we pulled all the blankets to the floor and the living room and had a girls night, with Millie too.


We had a super fun evening. Watching a movie and snuggling on the floor.

I kind of wimped out and didn't actually sleep in Lola's room (she was a little disappointed but then  got her own iPod time to listen to Frozen music so all was good). And we never did get around to popcorn and fingernail-painting (or toes).

We just hung out, talked, laughed and played.

 We had a lot of fun.


So much so, in fact, Lola is now constantly asking me when the next one will be.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Sounds like a great weekly tradition!