Monday, March 17, 2014

science fun!

A little more than a week ago, we took the girls to our local science center, where they could explore the exhibits and interact with some of the animals there.

They had a blast.

Lola, especially, was really into the exhibits and learning how things work. Millie, well, she was just happy to be included in the day's fun.

And who knew bubbles could be terrifying? Pop!


But it was the animals that stole the show.

From seeing the birds up close...


... to examining snakes...

... closely.  

Way too closely.


I kid, I kid. I mean, really, I was quite impressed. The kid that is terrified of many, many things proved, once again, that she's actually pretty fearless.

Note the tarantula.



Fortunately for us adults that were getting a wee bit creeped out (yeah, OK, that was just me...), there were other, more adorable, animals to visit with...

Like rabbits.



And walking sticks.

We were there for nearly two hours. And the girls were not thrilled when we said it was time to leave. It was a super fun day and I'm so glad we went. 

And so were they.
- Bethany :)

No comments: