Friday, December 12, 2014

Life with Lola

Last night was Lola's holiday choir concert.
We were reminiscing on the way there of last year, about when I was so terrified she wouldn't go on the stage. She was so shy then, so afraid of crowds, of people...  I was fully expecting a meltdown. But she did quite well, even if she was a wee bit nervous.

We had no such worries this week. Thanks in part to gymnastics and also her being older, more comfortable and familiar with her classmates, we knew she would bounce right on up to stage without a second thought.

But that didn't happen, she was more nervous than I'd expected. She didn't refuse to go up, but she was worried, anxious. Just more than I'd expected her to be.

Yet, she did easily go on up, following her friends' leads, and of course she did great and looked happy, smiling on singing on stage, doing her little actions, holding her little posterboard at the prompts.

Afterward, I gave her a hug and said she did so great. And I told her that she looked like she was actually enjoying herself, that she was having fun.

She rolled her eyes at me, "No, Mommy, they told us to smile."

Happy Friday.
- Bethany


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so you!! I am still laughing..