Tuesday, March 10, 2015

a night at home


Just a regular night at home.

Mommy's cleaning the kitchen.

The girls are playing in their rice "table" (cake pan).

Ray is making kabobs.

(Hey, it was finally warm enough to do some grillin'!)

The nice guy he is, Ray was tailoring each kabob for each person so he asks Lola what she wants on hers.

"Um, chicken, that yellow stuff (pineapple), tomatoes," she responded.

"And green peppers," I say, adding my not-quite-asked-for 2 cents.

Lola watches carefully as Ray puts hers together.

"No, I don't want any of those orange things!" she cries out as Ray put on a pepper.

"Those are green peppers," he said.

She looks confused.

"Mommy said you had to have green peppers," he continued.

She nods, not really understanding.

"They're orange green peppers," Ray said.

"Oooh," she said, finally getting it. "Mommy said I had to have green peppers. She didn't tell me they were orange."

Ray just slowly shakes his head, muttering to himself sarcastically, "Yeah, you're not like Mommy at all."

It made me laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I was just telling friends over he weekend how much she is like you!