Thursday, March 26, 2015

Millie's mirror

A big part of Millie's speech work is done in front of a mirror, as she practices and learns how to form her mouth into the correct shapes to make the correct sounds.

I could have just used a regular ol' handheld mirror -- and I do.

But after our bathroom remodel last fall, I had been storing the old wall mirror in the garage, unsure what to do with it.

So, it has now become Millie's special mirror.

Some before shots...


And then, a few weeks later, with a little sanding, some paint, some cardstock and some vinyl...

The sparkly ribbons are actually leftover from our Disney surprise, when we did the whole Frozen-themed scavenger hunt at Christmastime. And you can't tell in the picture, but there is a very light layer of iridescent glitter on the clothespins.

I love it.

And the best part? Millie loves it more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is absolutely beautiful and very special....hits the heart strings for sure...