Tuesday, June 2, 2015

game, set, match

Understandably so, the weekly babysitting charges for my once-a-week summertime tennis league didn't make it into the budget now that I'm not working.

But I'm also a wee bit stubborn.

And I refused to give it up.

Tonight, we had our first session. True match play won't start 'til next week and tonight was just a random mixer. I figured it would be the perfect chance to see how the girls could do on their own for a bit.

So we packed up a whole bunch of kid gear, lots of toys and games, a blanket, a couple of iPads and I hid a sack of snacks in my purse.

Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever been as proud of them simultaneously as I was tonight.

Sure, there were a few times I heard Millie whine, and yes I had to remind them once to stay within my sightlines.

But they were as perfect as I could have ever asked. More than, really.

I'm a little worried that this was beginner's luck and the rest of the summer will go poorly.

But for now, I'm just enjoying the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, sure hope it works for you...such wonderful girls!