Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmastime

In the earliest days of each new year, as we pack up the Christmas décor and stack up the boxes in storage for the next eleven months, I always find myself wondering how life will have changed the next time the nativity is unearthed.

Never would we have guessed in January 2007 that by the following December, we would be living in Bemidji -- and expecting our first child.

Or in January 2012, then happily bouncing our second daughter on our knees, we'd have never predicted that by the end of that year we'd be compiling medical reports into three-ring binders and taping American Sign Language signs to our walls.

We certainly wouldn't have expected this past January that I'd be here, at home, all day every day. But here we are, about seven months into this me-not-working-outside-the-home thing -- and I love it. Sure, there are hard days, but they are far outnumbered by the fabulous days. I won't say we have this whole situation all figured out -- I'm still trying to find the right balance of motherhood, housework and freelancing projects -- but it is working. And the girls are thriving.

These were the random thoughts that sped through my head in November, as we  got our tree and unpacked the Christmas gear. Life is good.

















Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Pictures are outstanding!! Love, Love love!!