Tuesday, November 8, 2016

little Lady

I'm a bit of a pushover, when it comes to Millie anyway.

This morning, she uncharacteristically woke up very sad, telling me she had scary, scary dreams. She got lots of hugs and then I got her on her daily routine. She was soon enough laughing and playing with Lola and I didn't think much more about it, honestly.

Lola eventually got on the bus and Millie and I left the house a wee bit earlier than usual so I could vote. On the way, she told me her tummy hurt. I more or less ignored her because she always finds something, some way, to fight me on taking her to school. She has fun once she's there, every time!, but getting there can be a bit of a roller coaster.

After voting, though, she was still complaining and began telling me her throat also hurt.

Still, I was pretty sure she was going to school.

Once we got to school and pulled into the parking lot, she began to completely meltdown, hysterically crying and holding her tummy.

I was now thinking, OK, maybe there's more to this. We went inside and I never did even punch her in, we just talked and tried to figure things out. Basically it came down to this: No, I don't truly think she's sick, but I've been wrong (many times!) about Lola before so I wasn't completely sure.

And if she was healthy, she was very much freaked out. She kept talking about her bad dream (about spiders?) and that there were bugs living in her tummy now. She was completely scared.

And I'm a pushover.

So we came home. Together.

I had work to do, so I told her I'd put a movie on for her. She rejected anything even remotely scary (Monsters Inc. was out, Belle was out, Sleeping Beauty was out. Even Ariel's scary shark was too much). So we settled on Lady and the Tramp, since she loves kitties and puppies and I'm fairly certain she hasn't even seen it before, at least not anytime recently.

I watched her out of the corner of my eye, just as the Christmas present began moving, and then as Lady came out, big red bow and all.

Millie was squealing. She was so delighted.

I won't say the entire movie was a hit (apparently there were some scarier moments than I remembered), but she sure was captivated.




 






 


     


 
 
 
She's such a doll.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this!! And my favorite movie...
Hmmm..I think I let you stay home a few of those days too..
Hugs to such a sweet girl..