Monday, April 3, 2017

Bedtime battles -- and wins

The bedtime battles never do seem to go away. But this one was kind of cool!

Ray and I put the girls to bed last night at their usual Sunday evening bedtime.

Sure, we heard a bit of stirring for a little while but all eventually went quiet.

About 45 minutes later, Lola popped out of bed to use the restroom (uh-huh, sure), though she then came to say "goodnight" and ask, again, if she could stay up a little bit later with us.

No, not on a school night... Blah, blah, blah....

So off (back) to bed she went.

Another 45 minutes later and her door opened again.

Ray and I exchanged not-so-patient looks

And then here comes Lola, bounding into the living room hiding something behind her back.

"I finished my Rubik's Cube," she said, ever so casually.

Wait, what?

Then she let her enthusiasm show and get super giddy about it.

And, sure enough, she finally figured that little thing out, the Junior version.

Considering that I gave up on it months ago, after the dang thing was sucking my attention away from the family for hours at a time, I was impressed.

So it's official: Lola is smarter than me.  (*wink*)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!! Such a smartie...