Tuesday, April 11, 2017

spring cleaning

I cleaned yesterday.

For the first time in more than a week.

Oh boy, April got off to a rough start here. Millie went down ill, then I went down ill. And it took me a solid week to really recover, at least to the point where I actually had energy.

Want to see the most beautiful sight in the world?

OK, maybe in the whole world is a big stretch, but it sure was a welcome sight.

Millie's super-fancy phase means that their closet has been a disaster. She changes about a dozen times a day. It's cute. But really frustrating. She destroys her closet daily. Usually, I straighten it back every couple of days but since I was sick, it was getting worse. And worse. And worse.

While the girls did clean their room (they do at least try...) I always go in afterward and do the super-obsessively-perfect cleaning after they are done. Organizing clothes by sleeve length, color. Getting all the toy sets back in their respective baggies. Linin up the books by size. Making sure we didn't lose anything yet this week.

But I hadn't done that in a while.

So last night, after putting them to bed in the spare room, I spent a couple of hours gutting and reorganizing their closet -- Millie's clothes are now on the bottom so she can reach them! -- and bagging up the too-smalls and bringing out the next size of hand-me-downs for Millie.

It is always a project.

But so very worth it.

Now if they would, you know, just not touch anything. Ever again. It just might stay clean! Ha.

But the point of the story: I am finally feeling good again. Woohoo.

And Millie is healthy.

And Lola is healthy.

And Ray ... well, he never got sick, but he seems healthy. So far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks fantastic! I think Lola needs more clothes though..:)
I bet your closet is looking pretty good too!
Love you!