Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Millie's birthday!

Wow. I just turned the calendar to July. JULY!

(And, yes, I realize that it's not quite July yet but in my world of freelancing and writing, meeting deadlines, etc., I'm always a week ahead of what the real date is. It's probably why I never know what the heck the date really is, on those very rare times when I'm actually filling out a check or signing some kind of document.)

So, let's catch up on June!

First and foremost, my littlest girl turned 6 years old last week!

Millie brings us so much joy. She loves to make people laugh and smile. She loves to be the center of attention and I truly believe that she will in some way find her way to some kind of stage as she gets a bit older.

She has outgrown nearly all her struggles and while we can still occasionally get hung up on a certain word or phrase that we don't immediately recognize, that is becoming more rare. It is definitely the exception these days.

She loves Jesus and fancy dresses. She loves Shimmer and Shine and Moana. She loves swimming and playing with any kind of gooey substance (slime, putty, play sand, etc.).

She's my picky eater who would survive on yogurt and fruit snacks, if I would let her.

She's afraid of being left alone. She hates going to bed alone and wakes herself early in the morning (usually) just so she can come out and be with others.

She loves puppies, kitties, and babies.

She hates physical activity and will fight me on every walk. We've even made up a song just to keep her going: Going for a walk with Millie, Because she's so silly, walk walk walk, Laugh laugh laugh, Going for a walk with Millie...

Her arrival into my world changed everything: priorities, goals, personal viewpoints, beliefs. Everything. She's got me wrapped around her little finger and knows it. She's plays me like a fiddle, knowing the exact moments to offer a hug or goofy grin.

"You're my best in my whole world!" she says now, whenever I agree (or am debating whether to agree) with whatever transactions she's offering.

She lives in her own little world. Whatever catches her eye is the most important thing in the world and nothing will distract her from that.

Take this photo, for example, from when we walked into Athleta:

She walked in the door, immediately sat on down in the middle of the store, and began yoga-ing with the mannequin. I mean, who does that?! But it made me smile.

She always makes me smile. Happy birthday, Kiddo. I hope it was grand.

***

But, there has been more to life than Millie's birthday these days (just don't tell her that!).

We've been baking!



We've been to the zoo, and spent time getting to know some butterflies.



We've gone on rides...





The girls played in foam!



We've visited Itasca!


The girls have gotten a few new dresses (and a new haircut for Lola).


Lola has broadened her horizons and tried a high-ropes course, which she loved.



This is summer -- and summer is awesome.

No comments: